GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT TRAUMA AND ITS TREATMENT
· The Trauma Center at JRI. This is the website of the Trauma Center of which I am the medical director, which has numerous resources for special populations, various treatment approaches, lectures and courses: www.traumacenter.org.
· David Baldwin’s Trauma Information Pages provide information for clinicians and researchers in the traumatic-stress field: http://www.trauma -pages.com/.
· National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN). Effective treatments for youth, trauma training, and education measures; reviews of measures examining trauma for parents, educators, judges, child welfare agencies, military personnel, and therapists: http://www.nctsnet.org/.
· American Psychological Association. Resource guide for traumatized people and their loved ones: http://www.apa.org/topics/trauma/.
· Averse Childhood Experiences. Several websites are devoted to the ACE study and its consequences: http://acestoohigh.com/got-your-ace-score/; http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/acesstudy/; http://aces tudy.org/.
· Gift from Within PTSD Resources for Survivors and Caregivers: giftfromwithin.org.
· There & Back Again is a nonprofit organization that supports the well-being of service-members. Its mission is to provide reintegration support services to combat veterans of all conflicts: http://thereandbackagain.org/.
· HelpPRO Therapist Finder. Comprehensive listings of local therapists specializing in trauma and other concerns, serving specific age groups, accepting payment options and more: http://www.helppro.com/.
· Sidran Foundation includes traumatic memories and general information about dealing with trauma: www.sidran.org.
· Traumatology. Green Cross Academy of Traumatology electronic journal, edited by Charles Figley: www.greencross.org/.
· PILOTS database at Dartmouth is a searchable database of the world’s literature on post-traumatic stress disorder, produced by the National Center for PTSD: http://search.proquest.com/pilots/?accountid=28179.
· National Center for PTSD includes links to the PTSD Research Quarterly and National Center divisions, including behavioral science division, clinical neuroscience division, and women’s health sciences division: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/.
· Office for Victims of Crime in the Department of Justice. Provides a variety of resources for victims of crime in the United States and internationally, including the National Directory of Victim Assistance Funding Opportunities which lists, by state and territory, the contact names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses for the federal grant programs that provide assistance to crime victims: http://ojp.gov/ovc/.
· National Institutes of Mental Health: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/index.shtml.
WEBSITES SPECIFICALLY DEALING WITH TRAUMA AND MEMORY
· Jim Hopper.com. Info on the stages of recovery, recovered memories, and comprehensive literature review on remembering trauma.
· The Recovered Memory Project. Archive compiled by Ross Cheit at Brown University: http://www.brown.edu/academics/taubman-center/.
· About Medications for Combat PTSD. Jonathan Shay, MD, PhD, staff psychiatrist, Boston VA Outpatient Clinic: http://www.dr-bob.org/tips/ptsd.html. webMD http://www.webmd.com/drugs/condition=1020-post+traumatic+stress+disorderaspx?diseaseid=10200diseasename=post+traumatic+stress+disorder
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS FOCUSED ON GENERAL TRAUMA RESEARCH AND DISSEMINATION
· International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies: www.istss.com.
· European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies: www.estss.org.
· International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD): http://www.isst-d.org/.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS DEALING WITH PARTICULAR TREATMENT METHODS
· The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA): http://www.emdria.org/.
· Sensorimotor Institute (founded by Pat Ogden): http://www.sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org/home/index.html.
· Somatic experiencing (founded by Peter Levine): http://www.traumahealing.com/somatic-experiencing/index.html.
· Internal family systems therapy: http://www.selfleadership.org/.
· Pesso Boyden system psychomotor therapy: PBSP.com.
THEATER PROGRAMS (A SAMPLE OF PROGRAMS FOR TRAUMATIZED YOUTH)
· Urban Improv uses improvisational theater workshops to teach violence prevention, conflict resolution, and decision making: http://www.urbanimprov.org/.
· The Possibility Project. Based in NYC: http://the-possibility-project.org/.
· Shakespeare in the Courts: http://www.shakespeare.org/education/for-youth/shakespeare-courts/.
YOGA AND MINDFULNESS